A digital menu board is an electronic display that use to display a restaurant’s menu items and pricing. These displays are typically made up of a screen, such as a TV or a monitor. And digital signage software that is used to create and manage the content that displays on the screen. Digital menu boards can be found in various locations, including the storefront window, inside the restaurant, or even on the wall.
Benefits of Digital Menu Boards
There are several benefits to using digital menu boards in a food establishment:
- Flexibility: Digital menu boards allow restaurants to easily update their menu and pricing in real-time. This means that restaurants can quickly and easily make changes to their menu. Such as adding new items or changing the prices of existing items.
- Visibility: Digital menu boards place in high-traffic areas. Such as the storefront window or inside the restaurant, which makes it easier for customers to see the menu and pricing.
- Customization: Digital menu boards allow restaurants to create customized content for different times of the day or for specific events. For example, a restaurant could create a special menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or create a special menu for holidays or sporting events.
- Increase Sales: Studies have shown that digital menu boards can increase sales by as much as 30%. This is because digital menu boards allow restaurants to display high-resolution images of their menu items Which can entice customers to try new items or order more.
- Cost-Effective: Digital menu boards can be more cost-effective than traditional paper menus. As they do not need to print or replace as often.
Types of Digital Menu Boards
There are several types of digital menu boards that can use in a food establishment:
- Standalone Digital Menu Boards: Standalone digital menu boards are independent units that can place in various locations throughout the restaurant. These menu boards typically include a screen. Such as a TV or a monitor, and digital signage software that is used to create and manage the content that displays on the screen.
- Video Wall Digital Menu Boards: Video wall digital menu boards are made up of multiple screens that connect together to create a larger display. These menu boards use in larger restaurants or fast-food chains and use to display a wide range of content. Including menu items, pricing, and promotions.
- Touchscreen Digital Menu Boards: Touchscreen digital menu boards are interactive displays that allow customers to browse and select menu items using a touchscreen interface. These menu boards are used in fast-food chains and quick-service restaurants and can use to streamline the ordering process for customers.
- Mobile Digital Menu Boards: Mobile digital menu boards are portable displays that can move from one location to another. These menu boards often use in food trucks or catering businesses and can use to display limited menus or specials for the day.
Implementing Digital Menu Boards
- Determine the Location: The first step in implementing digital menu boards is to determine where they will place. Will they be in the storefront window, inside the restaurant, or on the wall? Consider the location and traffic patterns of the restaurant to determine the best placement for the digital menu boards.
- Choose the Hardware: Next, choose the hardware that will use for the digital menu boards. This will typically include a screen, such as a TV or a monitor. And digital signage software that use to create and manage the content that displays on the screen.